We had an update meeting after Monday's trustees meeting so that we could let as many members as possible know what was going on. Because of the great turnout we had to hold it in the Acorn Theatre so couldn't run a Zoom session (sorry about that).
Pam from Co-op Funeral Care gave us a short introduction to their range of Funeral Care plans. (I am sure that she wasn't casting glances around) I must admit not something that I had thought about before but it may well have caused a few thoughts among members. They gave us a really cracking hamper for the Macmillan Coffee Morning, let's hope that we can do more together as they are quite keen on sponsoring groups like ours - no advertising intended there.
ChrisH gave a run-down on the various topics that were discussed at Monday's meeting including
- Tool training and workshop safety
- Cliff reassured us that finances were just fine and dandy
- Richard gave us an update on tool sales and how we have been making offers of any useful things to members before going to e-Bay
- Membership is now running at 59 and Frank is waiting for one other reply so unfortunately he has had to restart the waiting list.
- Tony's trip to the Southampton Air Museum went down an absolute with 11 members and 2 partners turning up - just waiting for his write at the moment and he is trying to get another meet at Fontwell
- John has started to update our assets register so I would guess that a fair bit of PATing will be needed soon. He will also arrange a demonstration on manual handling in the near future so that we can be prepared for the big upheaval that is sure to come in the near future.
- Kevin is still waiting for the solicitor's to sort out the ownership of the building next door. That is still likely to cause problems for us as it is believed that the area that has been set aside for the Shed is no larger than we have now. So if anybody has an idea for larger premises please contact a trustee.
- ChrisH asked for donations to the food parcel program similar to the one we ran last year. As the Shed cannot give money to other charities donations must be in cash to ChrisH but this MUST be done and the money collected by the end of the month absolute latest.
I think that just about covers it but any questions just see one of the trustees.
Author: Chris Nixon